How To Draw: 5 Steps
- Don’t spend money on fancy materials, all you need is paper and a biro. Can’t afford paper? Try ink on newspaper.
- Find your scale. Fabriano costs £15.50 for a 1.5m x 10m roll of paper, stick up with some gaffer and get going.
- I learnt to draw using Indian ink, a paintbrush and a roll of fabriano – I worked in monochrome for two years.
- My source material was entirely one dimensional; Annual School Friend 1956, Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal, Pin-Ups, Downtown. Cut-up and paste for synergy.
- Never show work to your boyfriend. He just won’t get it.